Reasons Why You Should Install A Skylight
Skylights can add a tremendous amount of light to any Central New Jersey home. However skylights can be difficult to install and if installed improperly can cause severe damage to your roof or home’s interior over time. It’s always best to go with a trusted local company to install skylights if possible. MAK Construction specializes in roofing and skylight installations in Mercer, Bucks, Monmouth and Ocean County.
But there’s more reason than just adding light in terms of why you might want a skylight. Here are a few additional reasons you might consider installing one:
- Energy Efficient – Many venting skylights offer clean and quiet glass windows that provide more natural light and better heat control than any other glass window system.
- Save Money – Skylights cut down on the need for electric lighting. Using daylight significantly reduces energy costs and consumption, meaning more cash in your pocket!
- Fresh Air – Adding fresh air and ventilation to your home is essential to your health and well-being. Skylights are great for rooms that require ventilation such as kitchens and bathrooms. They also reduce the need for air conditioners or fans during warm months.
- Privacy – For homes that are closely situated to neighbors, normal windows can be a privacy concern. However, installing skylights in rooms like the bedroom or bathroom provide outdoor views and natural sunlight without the hassle of peering eyes from neighbors or street passerbys.
- Federal Tax Credit – Some skylights, such as the solar powered “Fresh Air”, are eligible for a 30% Federal Tax Credit. Homeowners can receive a tax credit on product and installation.
- Liven Up Small Spaces – Skylights are a great option for visually expanding small areas such as hallways, stairwells and other closed-in, dark spaces that can be transformed with natural light and sky views.
If you are considering skylight repair or having a new skylight installed, MAK Construction has you covered. For skylights in the Central New Jersey and Bucks County, PA, select MAK Construction. Call us today or fill out our contact form.